Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shrimp Scampi Pasta

I know this is not Puerto Rican dish, more like an Italian dish.....hahaha. I wanted to post this recipe since I love it so much and it's so easy to make. If you love shrimp scampi, you will truly enjoy this dish. It's so yummy that I can get in trouble if I make it too much.....and I haven't posted anything since the wedding so it's time I get back in gear. Call me with any questions and enjoy!

Shrimp Scampi Pasta
(Serves 4)

1 lb shrimp - peeled and deveined  

 
1 small zucchini - chopped

1 small yellow squash - chopped  


1 small onion - chopped 
2 garlic cloves - chopped 


2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 stick butter

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth


1 lemon 
Fresh Chopped Parsley (or my fav - from the tube)


Red pepper flakes
Fresh parmesan  grated 




Pasta - Linguine or Farfalle (Bowtie) el dente


DIRECTIONS:

1)   Melt butter with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)


2) Add garlic and onions and cook until tender (5-7 min on med heat)


3)  Add squash & zucchini and cook for another 5 min 


4) Add Shrimp and cook until pink in color (I used already cooked shrimp for this time)
 


5) Add chicken stock, cream, parsley, zest of 1 lemon and juice from half of that zested lemon



6) Taste and salt if necessary...OMG....this is truly heaven!!!


7) Add pasta


8) Add some red pepper flakes and let the pasta soak in all that goodness, about 10-15 min on very low low heat. Stir the pasta every 5 min so that the cream sauce can spread evenly

9) Serve topped w/ fresh grated parmesan cheese and a garden salad if you feel guilty eating all those carbs.....hahaha

 
10) Chalupa says something smells good...¡buen provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment