Sunday, March 13, 2011

Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)

Because I am lactose intolerant, I usually would never eat Rice Pudding. However, I love this recipe because it does not taste too milky if that makes sense. It's a favorite during the Holidays or anytime you want to make good use of leftover white rice. A great comfort dessert following any meal. 

Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)
(Serves 4)

2 cups cooked white rice 
2 medium lemon peels
2 cinnamon sticks


3 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
DIRECTIONS:

1)  Add everything in a medium pot and bring to a boil. I love my Le Creuset pots - a true investment!


2) Turn the heat down to medium and reduce the milk to half until the mixture gets thick (about 20 minutes).


3) Pour into a plate, sprinkle with cinnamon and chill. 

4) Serve in little dessert dishes - your children will love it (remember to discard the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks prior to serving)....¡buen provecho!


I think the smell of milk is making Chalupa sleepy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment