Friday, March 4, 2011

EASY Cuban Pork Cutlets with Mojo

After a long day at work, you want to come home and make an easy dish. This dish will have your family smiling and wanting more. I know that Cuba and Puerto Rico are not the same country but they do share some similarities when it comes to their recipes. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did posting it.

Well, I had a long weekend (celebrating my birthday and bachelorette party in one)  so I was hurting this WHOLE week. After several days of eating out and feeling guilty, I wanted to make something quick and easy for dinner. I was inspired by my associate at work (Elyse P.) and this post is dedicated to her.

EASY Cuban Pork Cutlets with Mojo
(serves 4)

Ingredients: 
1 lb pork cutlets
1 cup Mojo sauce (you can make your own if you feel inspired but for today, I used pre-made) 
1 cup AP Flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 eggs whisked 
Salt and Pepper 

 

ONE DAY BEFORE COOKING:
Marinate pork cutlets in a plastic container with the Mojo sauce. Refrigerate overnight.



DAY OF COOKING:
1) Take the meat out of the fridge a half hour before cooking and let it rest.

2) Prep your breading station. Salt and Pepper all three plates generously. 


3) Put the 2-3 pork cutlets in a plastic gallon bag and zip up the bag. Cover the bag with a kitchen towel and use a mallet to pound out the meat until it's a little thinner. Continue to do this to all the pork cutlets. 


4) Prep one pork cutlet at a time. Start with the egg mixture first.

 


5) Now coat the pork cutlet with flour.


6) And lastly with bread crumbs. Do this to all the pork cutlets. 

 

7) Coat the pan with a little oil and wait until it gets a little hot. 



8) Add the pork cutlets and try not to crowd the pan.



9) They should cook pretty fast and get brown & crispy after 10 minutes. Put on a paper towel lined plate to rest.



10) Serve with yellow rice, black beans and plantains. Gypsy says that she loves pork and so do I.....¡buen provecho!





No comments:

Post a Comment