Saturday, March 19, 2011

Best Sangria in the World

I have to be honest and say that I DID NOT like Sangria until I had Conchita's Sangria. Usually every Sangria I ever had was too strong and was in general, not good! 


Sangria is a wine punch typical of Spain and Portugal. It is usually made from inexpensive red wine and has seasonal fruit. Great to serve in the summer by the pool or at la playa.

Sangria
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
2 small granny smith apples
2 fresh ripe peaches or frozen peaches


1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 can 12oz limeade

1 bottle of inexpensive burgundy wine (I think we were at Target & I just grabbed this brand)

2 - 4 oz Vodka or Tequila (optional)


2 cans of Sprite


Cube the apples and peaches and place in the punch bowl or whatever you might be using to serve your Sangria in. I usually cube them to small bite size pieces. 


Cover the fruit with the sugar and at this point, lightly dust them all with the ground cinnamon. 


Pour in the can of limeade. 


Than pour enough wine to cover everything entirely.




Add the liquor and some more wine {NOTE: Dependant on how strong you want your Sangria to be, you can add as much as you like. I think I added about 4-6 oz of Absolut and about another cup of wine}



Depending on how strong you want to make the Sangria, slowly pour 1-2 cans of Sprite until you get the desired potency.


Chill for a couple of hours and than serve over ice. 
 







I think it's time to join Chalupa in the porch and get some sun light. I think we skipped over Spring and jumped straight into SuMMer...Salut and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment